Digital Content Specialist
Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine is looking for a full-time writer/editor/outdoors enthusiast who will be responsible for creating digital content and managing the editorial presence for our online platforms in our Asheville, NC office. Content creation will be primarily for blueridgeoutdoors.com while the content management duties will extend across our social media platforms and email newsletters.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute an online edit plan that includes print content, weekly guest blogs, video, and reader submissions.
- Create content online in the form of regular news pieces, short blogs, top 10 lists, photo galleries, events, etc.
- Format and post content from our BRO print edition on monthly basis.
- Create multiple weekly e-newsletters, custom e-newsletter promotions, e-newsletter advertising and management of respective contact lists.
- Assist with creation and management of sales initiatives including sponsored content, reader polls, giveaways, promotions, advertising, special sections, micro-sites, etc.
- Effectively utilize a budget for social media advertising to help boost and promote our content and the brand
- Develop social media strategy for various aspects of the site including blogs, promotions, reader contests, and special sections.
- Manage brand and voice across all social media platforms creating a single brand identity with readers.
- Work as a member of the Digital Team to produce compelling promotional content that attracts readers and creates leads for clients.
- Field our reader requests and respond to comments on the website and through social media channels.
- Liaison between outdoor industry representatives and contacts and publishers regarding promotions, gear reviews, content, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of WordPress
- Editorial, proofreading, fact-checking and writing experience including both print and online
- Experience with email marketing – ability to build newsletters within Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. for promotion and brand building
- Proficient knowledge of creating SEO-friendly web content using data-driven techniques to increase readership and expand reach
- Basic knowledge of software including InDesign, Photoshop, Word, and Excel
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient knowledge of online tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights along with other social media reporting systems
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Video skills and experience are a plus
- Knowledge and passion for outdoor recreation and adventure travel in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic
- Position is based in our Asheville, NC office
To apply email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday, February 19th.