Trail Mix December 2013: Free Music Playlist
Temperatures are dropping, the turkey carcass has been picked over, and you might have even seen some snow by now. Welcome back, December!!
We are ready to go with another great month of free music for you here at Trail Mix. Consider it our gift to you – nineteen tracks to toss on your iPod as you look to get outside and shed that last serving of pumpkin pie you gobbled down last weekend. Please don’t get us wrong . . . we don’t blame you for that fourth piece of pie. We did it, too. We just highly encourage you to hit a trail near you with Trail Mix buzzing in your ears. We know we will be!
Trail Mix kicks off with a new track from Quiet Life, a great band from the Pacific Northwest. These guys were hand picked by The Head & The Heart to open a bunch of shows during the band’s recent run through the Southeast. Quiet Life’s new disc, Wild Pack, is top notch. Be on the lookout for a blog post about them soon.
This is the first time, in recent memory, that Trail Mix features an entire month of first-timers! No returning artists this month, but don’t let that keep you from listening. Along with Quiet Life, there are seventeen more brand new artists begging for your attention. Featured this month are great songwriters like Jeremy Squires, Pierce Edens, and Jonathan Wilson, the contemporary folkgrass sounds of The Danberrys and The Stray Birds, a bit of French-Canadian folk with De Temps Antan, and the rustic sounds of Jus Post Bellum.
Also be sure to check out The Henry Girls, Tommy & The Ohs, Midlake, and Poor Old Shine, along with the rest of the great artists that round out the December Trail Mix.
As always, stream or download until you just can’t stand it anymore. Then stream or download it again. And spread the word about these fantastic artists – take to the Twitter or the Facebook and share the link to Trail Mix. Lastly, considering it is the season of giving, head out to your local record store and grab some of these great albums for the music lover in your life.
- Quiet Life – New London
- Basia Bulat – Tall Tall Shadow
- Brothers Lazaroff – Clumsy And Aching
- De Temps Antan – Medley des couches
- Doc Feldman & LD50 – Cold Tile Floor
- Hellogoodbye – (Everything Is) Debatable
- Jeremy Squires – Oblivious
- Jonathan Wilson – Dear Friend
- Jus Post Bellum – Gimme That Gun
- Midlake – Antiphon
- Pierce Edens & The Dirty Work – Montana
- Poor Old Shine – Weeds Or Wildflowers
- Tennis – Mean Streets
- The Abramson Singers – Jack of Diamonds
- The Danberrys – Rain In The Rock
- The Henry Girls – Ol’ Cook Pot
- The Show Ponies – We’re Not Lost
- The Stray Birds – Blue Yodel #7
- Tommy & The Ohs – Living in the Swamp