And I want to pull them aside, and encourage them to stop. Stop looking to others for your happiness.
MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF – what makes you happy? Hiking? Mountain climbing? Water skiing? Cooking? Fishing? Reading online sports magazines? Writing?
- You need to make time for these things and ask your friends and family to support you.
- Need a 30 minute break from 2-3 screaming kiddos? Call a friend to come stand in (call me) while you take a short walk, jog, nap, bath.
- Plan a weekly date with yourself – 30 minutes carved out for you. And turn the TV off. That is not time for yourself.
- Sign up for a cooking, yoga, tap dancing class… does not matter what – just do it for yourself.
LET GO – stop keeping score.
- Forgive past wrongs and daily thoughtlessness.
- Just move on. Seriously. It will make you feel better. You will feel lighter. I promise this is for you, not them.
DO SOMETHING NEW – whether it is asking for help or volunteering for the first time, go out of your comfort zone.
- Take a 5k class – or sign up for yoga.
- Meet new people volunteering
- Get out of your house, your comfort zone and do something new.
- Call an old friend and stop waiting for people to call you. REACH OUT. SERVE. NOW.