Last September, I watched Old Crow Medicine Show nearly burn Bristol to the ground.
I have had the pleasure of seeing a lot of live music at the annual Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, but their set to close out Saturday night last year was simply incendiary. In front of the biggest festival crowd at the Reunion that I have ever seen, Ketch and his mates in Old Crow regularly swapped instruments, peppered the crowd with banter, and roared through a set of fan favorites. Those gathered in front of the State Street Stage simply couldn’t get enough.
That same fervor is aptly captured on the band’s recent live release, Live At The Ryman. It is only appropriate that these purveyors of old time mayhem release a live record recorded at the mother ship of acoustic music; they have graced the stage over forty times in the last two decades and their New Years Eve shows there are the stuff of legend.
This month, Trail Mix is excited to include “Methamphetamine” from the new live record.
Also on the mix this month are some killer cuts from some true Americana heavy hitters and rising stars. Check out the new tunes from Corb Lund, Chris Knight, Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley, North Mississippi All Stars, Paul Cauthen, Dan Luke & The Raid, Trigger Hippy, Jimmy “Duck” Holmes, and Jesse Terry & Alex Wong.
Lots of great stuff from artists brand new to Trail Mix, too. Check out the new tracks from Randy Lewis Brown, John Patrick Walker, Don Gullardo, Kendell Marvel, Those Pretty Wrongs, Jason James, Bobby Hawk, Time Sawyer, and John DeNicola. The mix is super stoked to welcome these artists to the family.
Be sure to read the Trail Mix blog. Coming up this month are a recap of last month’s Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, a ticket giveaway to The Cactus Blossoms’ show in Charlottesville and The Southern Music Hall, and a chat with Violet Bell.
Do all you can to throw money at the great bands sharing their music with you via Trail Mix. Grab a record. See them in concert. They always appreciate the love.
- Lights On Kinks Out Bobby Hawk 4:07
- One Horse Town Randy Lewis Brown 3:58
- World Full of Blues (Radio Edit) Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley 3:42
- Landfall Jesse Terry and Alex Wong 3:50
- Ain't Nobody But Me Those Pretty Wrongs 3:49
- The Cover of the Rolling Stone Corb Lund 3:07
- Exoskeleton Dan Luke and the Raid 2:47
- What You Gonna Do (feat. Mavis Staples) North Mississippi All Stars 3:22
- Blood In The Water Kendell Marvel 2:53
- We're Gonna Honky Tonk Tonight Jason James 2:57
- Howl Violet Bell 4:40
- Almost Daylight Chris Knight 3:09
- Methamphetamine Old Crow Medicine Show 5:34
- How Many Days (feat Lilly Winwood) Don Gallardo 4:40
- Catfish Blues Jimmy 'Duck' Holmes 4:12
- You're the Only One John DeNicola 3:56
- Like a Rose Jon Patrick Walker 3:03
- Lonely's A Heartbreaker's Dream Time Sawyer 4:36
- Prayed For Rain Paul Cauthen 3:17
- Don't Want to Bring You Down Trigger Hippy 4:55