Intern w/ Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine!
Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, the region’s top outdoor lifestyle publication, is looking for a dynamic intern to join our print and digital advertising sales team and event staff. The length of the internship is negotiable, as are the hours, though a term no less than 3 months is requested. This position will start as soon as possible. While it is unpaid, this internship will provide you with first hand knowledge of the publishing industry; including lessons in marketing, PR, advertising, design, sales, event planning, tourism, and the outdoor industry.
About Us: Our team has been with Blue Ridge Outdoors for an average of 6 years, which proves it is a great place to work. We pride ourselves in loving both the magazine and the outdoors, so nothing makes us happier than to help advertisers create successful marketing strategies that target our active readers across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
- Work with sales team to brainstorm and develop marketing campaigns for clients
- Prospect potential new business
- Create or assemble marketing materials for meetings and conferences
- Monitor website for errors and omissions
- Generate content for social media (and possibly print/ digital)
- Proofing special sections
- Assist with mailings
- Help prepare for events, and possibly attend and work events and festivals across the region!
- Fun working environment with an established (and still growing) publishing company
- Your name on the masthead!
- Occasional free race entries, and possible free tickets to events and festivals– such as LOCKN’ and the Festy!
Qualifications & Characteristics Required for this Position
- Superior written communication, organizational and computer skills
- Ability to learn, adapt, and thrive in a fast paced sales environment with strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude & sense of humor appreciated
- Interest in the outdoor industry, travel and tourism, and adventure recreation
- Familiarity with the Blue Ridge region preferred
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Leah@blueridgeoutdoors.com
by May 8th.