[tdc_zone type=”tdc_content”][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row_content td-stretch-content” tdc_css=”eyJhbGwiOnsicGFkZGluZy10b3AiOiIxNTAiLCJwYWRkaW5nLWJvdHRvbSI6IjE1MCIsImJhY2tncm91bmQtaW1hZ2UiOiJ1cmwoXCJodHRwczovL3d3dy5ibHVlcmlkZ2VvdXRkb29ycy5jb20vd3AtY29udGVudC91cGxvYWRzLzIwMjEvMTAvR2V0dHlJbWFnZXMtNDc5MzYwNzc0LmpwZ1wiKSIsImRpc3BsYXkiOiIifX0=”][vc_column][tdb_title content_align_horizontal=”content-horiz-center” title_color=”#ffffff”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text tdc_css=”eyJhbGwiOnsibWFyZ2luLXRvcCI6IjQwIiwiZGlzcGxheSI6IiJ9fQ==”]
Advertising Sales Executive Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine/Summit Publishing
Full Job Description
***The compensation for this position is salary + uncapped commission and bonuses. The overall earning potential is limitless, but the average annual compensation for first year sales representatives is $55k-$75k.***
Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, the region’s top outdoor lifestyle publication, is looking for an ambitious and experienced full-time advertising sales representative to join our print and digital advertising sales team in early 2023. This self-motivated sales executive would work remotely in the Southeast managing both new and existing customers to develop creative integrated marketing campaigns including print, digital, social, custom content and email advertising. In addition, this individual would be an integral part of the Blue Ridge Outdoors team, working closely and collaboratively with colleagues to brainstorm editorial ideas, marketing strategies, contests and promotions, event presence, DEI initiatives, as well as growth strategies for the company.
Our ideal candidate must have a proven track record in outside sales and developing business relationships. They must be an outgoing person with an entrepreneurial mindset, who loves the outdoors and is knowledgeable about adventure tourism in the Southeast. Other preferred areas of expertise or interest include outdoor gear, regional events, races and festivals, craft beer, and other businesses and brands that cater to the outdoor lifestyle and industry.
About Blue Ridge Outdoors and Summit Publishing
For over 27 years, Blue Ridge Outdoors has been the leading free outdoor lifestyle magazine in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, and the authentic voice of the Blue Ridge.
Our readers are devoted adventurers who spend their free time hiking, fishing, biking, boating, and exploring new destinations. They remain loyal to Blue Ridge Outdoors for entertainment, inspiration, and as a trusted resource—finding within its pages a compelling mix of news and features about the latest mountain trends, gear innovations, adventure destinations, conservation, and culture in the Southeast.
Sister publications in the Summit Publishing Family include The Virginia Sportsman (Southeast) and Elevation Outdoors (Colorado).
About our Team:
All members of our team are integral to the overall success of the publication. We pride ourselves in loving both the magazine and the outdoors, so nothing makes us happier than to help advertisers create successful marketing strategies that target our active readers across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
As an advertising account executive your responsibilities will include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Advertising sales primarily for Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, as well as our sister publications, The Virginia Sportsman and Elevation Outdoors Magazine, and our network of outdoor lifestyle publications across the country (Outdoor Adventure Media)
- Management and development of regional and national accounts primarily located throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee via email, phone, and in-person meetings.
- Occasional day and overnight travel throughout territory to maintain accounts and develop new business (2-3 days per month on average)
- Creating, proposing, and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and custom content opportunities.
- Achieving and exceeding monthly sales goals across both print and digital
- Maintaining consistent and up-to-date records, including contacts and IOs, in sales CRM (Quickbase).
- Monitoring and evaluating current partner marketing campaigns to ensure accuracy and success.
- Representing the brand in your respective verticals at industry events and conferences.
- Collaborating with the publisher, creative and editorial teams on sales strategies, editorial ideas, and other needs of the publication.
- Believes in the mission of Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine–to inspire our readers to Go Outside and Play
- Must have 3+ years of media sales experience
- Thrives at working remotely (80%, with occasional in-office meetings in Charlottesville, VA)
- Remote dedicated work space with high speed internet and excellent cellular service
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, and dependable transportation
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, including overnight and occasional multi-night travel
- Must be able to travel to Charlottesville, VA several times a year as needed for in-office meetings
- Knowledge of current media offerings including print, web ads, social media, and custom content
- Outgoing, confident and dynamic personality with a professional sales appearance and friendly demeanor
- Must be able to understand marketing objectives for numerous types of businesses and how to provide optimal solutions
- Must have excellent sales presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional at “thinking on your feet”
- Works well under pressure and with regular hard deadlines
- Manages sales pipeline and adheres to a consistent and timely follow-up plan
- Must be proficient in or have experience with Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Must be motivated to meet and exceed sales goals
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience/ Skills:
- Experience and/ or connections in Tourism Marketing in the Southeast (bonus points for having your Travel Marketing Professional certification, or similar)
- Experience and/ or connections in the Outdoor Industry
- Knowledge of outdoor pursuits in the Blue Ridge and beyond
- SEO, Social Media and Google Analytics experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Based within 2-3 Hours of Western NC
Benefits and Perks:
- Base Pay + Uncapped Commission + Bonus Structure
- Attractive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, gym membership, phone, etc
- Paid Travel and Expenses for Meetings and Conferences
- Industry Benefits and Incentives (Pro-Deals, Discounts, Festival Tickets, Gear, etc)
- Fun (80% Remote) Working Environment with an established (and growing) publishing company
Resumes Accepted through November 15, 2022
No Calls Please
All Resumes Must Be Submitted through Indeed
Flexible Start Date – Early 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Monthly bonus
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Blue Ridge Outdoors is looking for interns to join our sales and digital teams. Blue Ridge Outdoors is the largest free outdoor lifestyle magazine in the country and reaches over half a million people each month.
The sales team is looking for someone with an interest in business or marketing. The intern will work on a variety of tasks–from coming up with sales ideas, proofing advertorial, managing social media strategies/ content creation, gathering readership data, managing mailings for the sales team, and possibly attending festivals and events as an ambassador of the Blue Ridge Outdoors staff.
The digital team is looking for someone with skills in (or an interest in learning) google analytics, website optimization and improvement, SEO strategies from content creation to link development and analyzing competitors techniques, and other projects for BlueRidgeOutdoors.com. Ideal candidates will be able to work independently, focus on multiple projects simultaneously, have a knowledge of social media platforms, Google docs and sheets, local and regional outdoor knowledge a plus. Please note that these are not editorial positions, though you may be asked to assist with editing content, or helping to create social media content. Writing skills are essential. For the sales team internship please email Leah Woody, [email protected] For the digital team internship please email Craig Snodgrass, [email protected]