Social Media and Digital Content Specialist
We are looking for an outdoorsy, adventure-loving writer and social media ace to join our award-winning editorial team. This content creator will be a detail-oriented, self-starting, social media and SEO master, with a knack for thinking strategically and creatively, a keen eye for engaging content about the outdoor lifestyle, and the skills to create fresh content in a consistent voice that represents our brand.
Day-to-day tasks include sharing content published in the print publication across our digital footprint (www.blueridgeoutdoors.com and social networks), as well as creating new content for our website and e-newsletters, managing social media campaigns, online contests and promotions, and more.
The Social Media & Digital Content Specialist will ensure that social advertising programs are tasked properly, completed as scheduled, and meet or exceed all client goals. The specialist will create and manage content for the following channels: blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.
This social media and digital content expert will be based in either Asheville, N.C. or Charlottesville, Va., and will work part-time (20-30 hours per week).
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the Blue Ridge Outdoors brand and voice across all social media and digital platforms to build a single brand identity with readers.
- Develop and manage social media campaigns and strategies for various aspects of the site including blogs, promotions, reader contests, and special sections.
- Write and curate daily editorial content in the form of regular outdoor news stories, blogs, top 10 lists, video, photo galleries, essays, op-eds, and original stories.
- Develop an online edit plan each month that includes daily content, weekly guest blogs, video, photo galleries, upcoming events, and reader submissions.
- Create and curate content for weekly e-newsletters, custom e-newsletter promotions, e-newsletter advertising, and management of respective contact lists.
- Effectively utilize a budget for social media advertising to target current and potential readers through the Facebook Ad Manager, and drive traffic to our site.
- Produce compelling promotional content that attracts readers and creates leads for clients.
- Respond promptly to comments and requests on the website and through social media channels.
- Serve as a liaison between outdoor industry representatives, clients, and publishers regarding promotions, gear reviews, and sponsored content.
Skills requirements include:
- Proficient knowledge of WordPress
- Experience with editorial writing and copy editing
- Experience using Facebook, Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc for promotion and brand building
- Proficient knowledge of creating SEO-friendly web content using data-driven techniques to increase readership and expand reach
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resumé, and three published clips or writing samples to email@example.com. Deadline for all applications is October 31.