One year ago, the boys from Greta Van Fleet were gearing up for the release of their double EP, From The Fires, and were poised to take the rock world by storm.
Trail Mix was lucky enough to catch up with the the band to discuss that EP last November, just before they caught fire and began a twelve month run of atmospheric buzz and sold out shows around the world. At the time, the quartet had just wrapped up some recording sessions for their first full length album, Anthem of the Peaceful Army, which dropped in mid-October. The new record has the band continuing its psychedelic rock ways, delivering with arena-sized bombast reinterpretations of 70s era rock and roll.
Check out “You’re The One,” an acoustic gem plucked from the new record, on this month’s mix.
While you are around, take a listen to new tunes from old friends Granville Automatic, Jonathan Byrd, Timber, The Bottle Rockets, Old Man Canyon, and Tellico.
Be sure to check out tunes from Belle Plain, Taylor Martin, The Reverend Horton Heat, Rebecca Blasland, Jeremy Dion, Monteagle, The Watson Twins, William Elliott Whitmore, Laura Jane Grace & The Devouring Mothers, and 90s hit makers Fastball, who are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their seismic 1998 release All The Pain That Money Can Buy.
Stay tuned to the Trail Mix blog this month for chats with Martha Spencer, The Brother Brothers, and Arts Fishing Club.
And do you have any buddies out there looking for some new music? How about turning them on to Trail Mix and the many great artists sharing their music right here. Grab an album or some concert tickets. Spread the word about this great music and give back to the great folks sharing their music on Trail Mix.
- We Used to Be Birds Jonathan Byrd 4:08
- Marbles Granville Automatic 3:14
- Icarus Arts Fishing Club 3:16
- Here Rebecca Blasband 3:19
- Good While It Lasted Old Man Canyon 4:11
- Courage For The Morning Tellico 3:47
- Out Of My Head Fastball 2:33
- Our Memories Taylor Martin 3:52
- You're the One Greta Van Fleet 4:27
- Sunstroke Timber 5:57
- Is It Cheating Belle Plain 2:36
- Apocalypse Now (& Later) Laura Jane Grace & the Devouring Mothers 2:15
- Rolling Thunder The WATSON TWINS 2:50
- Evangeline Jeremy Dion 3:30
- Highway 70 Blues The Bottle Rockets 2:47
- Frankie The Brother Brothers 3:39
- Whole New Life Reverend Horton Heat 2:34
- Fear of Trains William Elliott Whitmore 4:01
- East LA Monteagle 3:45
- Blue Ridge Mountain Lullaby Martha Spencer 3:23