● more than 150 inches average snowfall.
● 60 trails/slopes
● 270 Skiable acres
● Pass prices
○ Snowshoe Unlimited Season Pass $649/adult; $599 child
○ Silver Creek Season Pass $299/adult and child
○ Lift ticket prices vary by date; save 20% when you book lodging with Snowshoe or the 2’fer offer gives you 2-days of mid-week access for $129 (while supplies last)
● November 23 – Opening day
● 14 lifts
● Cupp Run is longest run at 1.5 miles
● 3,348 feet Base/ 4,848’ summit elevation
● Driving distance to nearest 5 major cities
○ Staunton, VA. – 92 miles
○ Harrisonburg, VA. – 104 miles
○ Clarksburg, WV. – 100 miles
○ Waynesboro, VA. – 107 miles
○ Roanoke, VA. – 129 miles
The closest commercial airports are Lewisburg (1ó hours’ drive) and Clarksburg (CKB IATA, 2ó hours’ drive). Major airports in Pittsburgh, Richmond, and Washington DC are approximately 4 hours drive)
Snowshoe in a Nutshell
Part pure adventure, part cushy comfort, 100% fresh-mountain-air happiness. Our three distinct areas all have personalities worth getting to know. With the perfect amount of vertical in all the right places. A slew of kickers, rails, and other spin-worthy features. And plenty of runs groomed with the same attention paid to top show dogs. This year, more than ever, our family of instructors, patrollers, groomers, snow makers, cocktail mixers, lifties, chefs, and countless more, can’t wait to see you return to the mountain. Welcome to Snowshoe.
Q and A
● What’s new at the resort this year?
We’ve revamped the Beginner slope experience, making it just the right pitch for learning the basics.
We’ve introducing two new dining options in the Mountain Lodge: The Basin is the perfect stop to warm up, grab a bite and check in with your crew. And, Al Dente Ristorante is a new dinner option, specializing in Italian favorites.
Our new Snowshoe Mobile App gives you all things Snowshoe at the tip of your fingers. Track runs, earn badges, check the Snow Report, navigate the mountain, purchase tickets and activities, and keep in touch with your buddies, all in real time.
● What are the best après ski activities available?
After a day on the mountain, the fun continues! Jaw dropping sunsets, adrenaline-fueled snowmobile tours, happy hour shenanigans in the Village, family fun at the Bear’s Den. Night-skiing at Silver Creek extends your ski day into night. Or, if you’re looking for extra excitement, head to the Coco-Cola Tube Park for Galactic night-time tubing. Our Winter Adventure Dining starts when you hop into one of our 4-seat Polaris RZRs and hit the scenic Cheat Mountain Ridge Trail.
● Where do you recommend visitors buy or rent their gear?
Convenient gear rentals are available at Expedition Rentals, Top of the World, Silver Creek, and the MAC (Mountain Adventure Center). Looking to purchase gear? Head to 4848’ Mountain Performance, Full Tilt, Mountain Kids, The MAC, or Pocahontas Supply.
● How many beginner, intermediate, and expert trails are there?
○ Beginner – Green – 30% (83 acres)
○ Intermediate – Blue – 24% (64 acres)
○ Advanced – Black Diamonds – 27% (72 acres)
○ Expert – Double Black Diamonds – 4% (10 acres)
○ Freestyle Terrain – 10% (28 acres)
○ Glades – 5% (13 acres)
● What are the best runs and why:
○ In the Basin, experts will enjoy bomber runs like Widowmaker and Grabhammer. Knot Bumper is the spot for bump lovers. Intermediates can hit great cruiser slopes like Skipjack and Gandy Dancer, and first-timers can cruise learning terrain on Skidder.
○ The Silver Creek is a hidden gem with three Mountaineer Terrain Parks (Robertson’s Run, Timberjack, and Mountaineer Park).
○ Our legendary Western Territory sets Snowshoe apart. with 1500′ of steeps including the most advanced terrain in the region, Cupp Run and Shay’s Revenge.
● Where is the best place to stay in the area?
With a wide range of lodging across the mountain, Snowshoe has accommodations to fit all needs and group sizes. Whether you’re coming for a family reunion or a couples getaway, you desire a Brigham Collection luxury home or a simple room, we have the perfect place for you, not to mention some pretty sweet deals. Check out the lodging options.
● What do you offer for beginners who want to learn how to ski or snowboard?
There’s no better place to learn to ski or ride than Snowshoe Mountain. From our lessons to our terrain, it’s a beginners paradise. We have various group and private lessons specifically geared towards beginners. But we think you’ll be most interested in our New Intro To Snow lesson which includes rentals, lift ticket and targeted beginner lesson. The group lesson is for all you first time riders and never-ever skiers, ages 13 and older, who want to hit the slopes. You’ll learn everything you need to know, from putting on your equipment to starting and stopping on the snow. Explore our Beginners Guide to Snowshoe.
● What activities are available beyond the slopes?
Adventure and fun abound at Snowshoe. Take a look at our Snowshoe adventure tour, where you’ll travel through a wide variety of terrain on a 4-seated enclosed, and heated off-road side-by-side vehicle. The Coca-Cola Tube Park is guaranteed fun for the whole family with thrills and excitement at our 6-story, 8 lane tubing hill. Combine adventure with food on our Winter Adventure Lunch & Dinner Tours. Spend the day at Split Rock Pools where the kids can splash around the indoor/outdoor heated swimming area zipping down the slide and making new friends, while you relax in the sauna and hot tub and take in the gorgeous views. Autumn Breeze Stables offers guided horseback riding trail riding, buggy rides and open sleigh rides.And be sure to check out our great lineup of events to take your winter to the next level.
● Do you offer any family-friendly activities?
Snowshoe is all about keeping the family together and smiling. On top of all the activities and adventures for all on and off the mountain, there’s a ton of family fun at The Bear’s Den at Silver Creek. Hop on a mechanical bull, play arcade games, test your talents on the pool table, grab a bite to eat…if you’re looking for family fun, look no further.
● Are there activities available in the off season?
Spring, summer and fall are all times to gather your crew, get outside, and smell the great outdoors. Start with a sampling of fresh Mountain air with a side of never-ending views, wash it all down with a round of stand-up paddleboarding or cannonballing, and work up an appetite swinging a club or commanding a RZR.
● What are some Summer highlights?
Wind your way around the Shaver’s Lake Trail or take your hike to new heights by taking 6,000 Steps or Bail Out up to the Snowshoe Fire Tower. As a certified IMBA ride center, with one of the largest trail systems in the East and host to noteworthy events like the Mercedes-Benz UCI Mountain Bike World Cup, Snowshoe Bike Park is recognized as one of the best in the U.S. Whether you want the thrill of white-knuckling it downhill or pedaling cross country is more your style, we have it all. And there’s no better place to view it all than from our chair lifts where you’re high enough to take in amazing panoramic views.
Make time for more spring, summer and fall activities