October is upon us. That means many things: the leaves are changing, mountain views across the Blue Ridge are spectacular, the temperatures are a little crispier in the morning, and Trail Mix is back at it with another tasty set of tunes.
We kick Trail Mix October off with a brand new track from Travis Book, bass player for The Infamous Stringdusters. Travis wrote “Tennessee Side Of Things” with Burle Galloway, noted songwriter who has recorded with Yonder Mountain String Band and the ‘Dusters, among others. Travis and his mates are gearing up for the fourth annual Festy Experience, which takes place October 10th thru 13th in Nelson County, Virginia. Stay tuned to the Trail Mix blog next week, when we chat with Travis about the new tune, the Festy, and his new side projects.
On the heels of my recent trip to IBMA, Trail Mix is featuring some top notch bluegrass this month. Check out new tunes from Noam Pikelny, Steep Canyon Rangers, The Bankesters, Melody Walker & Jacob Groopman, and The Rigneys.
Trail Mix is happy to welcome back some fantastic artists – Elephant Revival, Brian Wright, The Devil Makes Three, The Howlin’ Brothers, and Ha Ha Tonka all return with outstanding new tracks.
There are some great Trail Mix first timers this month, too – take a listen to the offerings from J. Roddy Walston & The Business, The Gospel Whiskey Runners, Watermelon Slim, The High Jump Heart, Burning Bridget Cleary, Breathe Owl Breathe, The Royal Concept, and Have Gun, Will Travel.
And there’s still more! At 27 tracks, October’s Trail Mix is almost too good to believe. But believe. Download it. Stream it. Share it with an old friend or a new buddy you meet on some bald summit while you revel in autumn’s glory. And, of course, get out and buy some of these great albums. Support these great artists that support Trail Mix.
- Travis Book – Tennessee Side Of Things
- Animal Parts – Where The Heart Is
- Breathe Owl Breathe – Silent Movie Reel
- Brian Wright – We Don’t Live There
- Burning Bridget Cleary – Oh My Little Darling_Fire on the Mountain
- Charlie Robison – Look Out Cleveland
- Christopher Paul Stelling – You Can Make It
- Dinosaur Bones – Sleepsick
- Elephant Revival – Grace Of A Woman
- Ha Ha Tonka – Colorful Kids
- Have Gun, Will Travel – Standing at the End of the World
- J. Roddy Walston & The Business – Heavy Bells
- Melody Walker & Jacob Groopman – We Made it Home
- Noam Pikelny – Road to Columbus
- Steep Canyon Rangers – Stand And Deliver
- SWF – Let It Be Told
- The Bankesters – Cups (When I’m Gone)
- The Darcys – The River
- The Devil Makes Three – Stranger
- The Gospel Whiskey Runners – Shake It Off
- The High Jump Heart – Signal Fires
- The Howlin’ Brothers – Dixie Fried
- The Rigneys – Double or Nothing
- The Royal Concept – Radio
- Vikesh Kapoor – I Dreamt Blues
- Watermelon Slim – Blue Freightliner
- Wild Ponies – Trigger