Tucked away in the far western corner of Kentucky, right against the banks of the Ohio River, is the uniquely named town of Monkey’s Paw.
Never heard of it? Not surprising. But I can guarantee that, very soon, you will know about Kelsey Weldon, the town’s favorite daughter.
Weldon is rapdidy making her mark on the Americana world, having become the first artist in over a decade signed to fellow legendary musician – and fellow Kentuckian – John Prine’s label, Oh Boy Records.
Her first Oh Boy release, White Noise/White Lines, dropped in early October and has been met with critical acclaim. The stories and songcraft are distinctly Kentucky, despite Weldon having relocated to Nashville. She has managed to avoid the trappings of the Music City, and it is readily apparent as to to why the Kentucky native caught Prine’s ear.
Trail Mix is excited to feature “Anyhow” off of Weldon’s new record this month.
This month’s mix also showcases some tunes from some heavy hitters. Check out new tracks from The Milk Carton Kids, Fruition, Son Little, Kacy & Clayton, The Quebe Sisters, The Revelers, Patrick Watson, David Ball, The Mavericks, Keller & The Keels, and a jazz tribute to the iconic Allman Brothers.
Be sure to check out the new releases from The Po Ramblin’ Boys, Bob Bradshaw, Bradford Loomis, Parker Longbough, Sarah Lee Langford, The Drunken Hearts, Lizanne Knott, and Nick Nace.
Each month, Trail Mix works to bring you the best new music we can find. Enjoy. Stream and download to your heart’s content. And make sure to tell a friend or neighbor about the great tunes you are hearing. Support these fine musicians who allow Trail Mix to showcase and share their music.
- Hurricane Lizanne Knott 3:03
- Dream For Dreaming Patrick Watson 3:40
- Hey Rose Son Little 2:56
- Rambling Man Bradford Loomis, Brandon Bee, Mark Alvis, Stephanie Anne Johnson, Kristen Palmer 4:13
- Thinkin’ Problem David Ball 3:03
- Anyhow Kelsey Waldon 2:58
- I'll Be Gone The Milk Carton Kids 2:25
- My Love, My Life, My Friend The Quebe Sisters 2:30
- Wild As The Night Fruition 4:25
- Fly In A Bottle Nick Nace 4:32
- Medulla Oblongata Keller & The Keels 3:33
- Unrest The Drunken Hearts 3:43
- You’re Not To Blame The Revelers 3:07
- That Sweet Orchestra Sound 2:57
- Your Song Bob Bradshaw 4:15
- Growing Up Sarah Lee Langford 3:42
- Burbank Safari Parker Longbough 3:25
- Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way The Mavericks 3:55
- Toil, Tears & Trouble The Po' Ramblin' Boys 2:41
- Whipping Post Big Band of Brothers 5:12